Tile floors are an attractive addition to any home, with tiles coming in a wide variety of sizes, colors and materials.
Their smooth surface deters allergens for the most part, however regular cleaning is still needed to keep the grout
- No place for mites, dust and allergens to enter tile floors when properly sealed
Note: Sealing may
cause discoloration in the tile.
- Can be antibacterial if properly sealed
- Some tile floor cleaning products may contain VOCs
- Grout can be difficult to maintain and can harbor
Tile Flooring Tips for an Allergy–Free Home
- Tightly seal tile seams to prevent moisture from entering
- Clean frequently to help reduce the amount of surface allergens
- Use an underlayment such as cork or foam rubber to reduce moisture transfer and decrease the chance of mold growth
- Ask the manufacturer for recommendations on cleaning products that are VOC free