Made almost entirely with biodegradable products, linoleum floors are very durable and can withstand almost any climate.
Additionally, linoleum is
environmentally friendly and naturally resists the growth of most bacteria, mold, fungi, yeast and mildew.
- Linoleum flooring is suitable for almost all climates
- Can be installed on or above grade (grade = ground level)
- Antibacterial characteristics discourage mold and bacteria
- Linoleum is not recommended for below grade installation as moisture can stain the floor from underneath
Linoleum Flooring Climate Tips
- Install a vapor barrier* if you have a crawl space or when installing over a concrete slab to increase floor protection
- Protect your floors by installing UV protection (solar screens) on windows, or close blinds/drapes when the sun is out
- Immediately seal split linoleum seams to prevent further damage
- Rotate furniture and rugs so all flooring receives equal sun exposure
*Vapor barrier is a layer of material between the floor and subfloor.