How to Install
Skip Installation PDF
Download Bamboo Flooring
Installation Instructions | PDF's
Quick Guide on
How–to–Install a Pre–Finished Bamboo Floor – 300kb pdf | Our short installation guide for those
with DIY experience.
Full Guide – Complete Installation Instructions
on Installing your Bamboo Floor – 1.5 mb pdf | Our full set of DIY installation instructions.
Note: Use this method for engineered click lock flooring. Only use
these instructions a reference as there are a variety of click lock bamboo styles. Always follow the instructions provided by
your specific flooring manufacturer.
Install the First Row
Take extra time when installing the first row of click and lock bamboo
is essential that this row be straight, even if the walls are not.
- Along the longest wall, measure out your expansion spacing in at least two places. Snap a chalk
line between the various points.
- Lay out the click lock bamboo with the groove toward the wall but do not click together yet. Add spacers between the
flooring and the wall. Make sure this first row is completely straight. Scribe fit (if necessary) so that the bamboo matches
the contours in the wall.
- Once satisfied with the fit, click and lock the first row of bamboo together.
- At the end of the wall, measure and cut a plank to fit. Use a pinch bar (if necessary)
to fit the last board in place. Place a spacer at the end of the first row.
- Evaluate the first row to ensure it is straight and level. Adjust where needed.
Install the Main Part of the Floor
- Use a partial board (it should be at least 8"–10" in length) to start the second row.
- Click and lock boards together as you did with the first row.
- Work your way across the floor until you reach the last row.
Install the Last Row
- Measure out your expansion spacing in at least two places along the wall. Snap a chalk line between
- Dry fit the last row by laying out the click lock bamboo with the tongue or cut part of the board toward the wall.
Scribe fit (if necessary) so that the click lock bamboo flooring matches the contours in the wall. Make sure this last row is
- Once satisfied with the fit, click and lock each plank in the last row together.
- At the end of the wall, measure and cut a click lock bamboo plank to fit. Use a pinch bar (if necessary) to fit the last
board in place. Place a spacer at the end of the first row.
- Evaluate the last row to ensure it is straight and level. Adjust where needed.
Your click lock bamboo floor does not need any time to set. Once you lock the last board into
place, you can remove all spacers and begin using your new bamboo floor.
© 2008 FindAnyFloor.com. All rights reserved. All FindAnyFloor.com content (PDF's, text,
graphics, code, applications) is protected by copyright in the U.S. and other countries.