How to Install
Skip Installation PDF
Download Hardwood Flooring
Installation Instructions | PDF's
Quick Guide on
How–to–Install Hardwood Floor – 300kb pdf | Our short installation guide for those with DIY experience.
Full Guide – Complete Installation
Instructions on Installing your Hardwood Floor – 1.5 mb pdf | Our full set of DIY installation instructions.
NOTE: Use this method for engineered click lock flooring. Only use
these instructions a reference as there are a variety of click lock hardwood styles. Always follow the
instructions provided by your specific flooring manufacturer.
Install First Row
Take extra time when installing the first row of click & lock hardwood. It is critical that this row be straight even
if the walls are not.
- Measure out your expansion spacing in at least two
places along the longest wall. Snap a chalk line between the various points.
- Lay out the click lock hardwood with the groove toward the wall but do not click together yet. Add spacers between the
flooring and the wall. Make sure this first row is completely straight. Scribe fit this row (if necessary) so that the
flooring matches the contours in the wall.
- Once satisfied with the fit, click and lock the first row together.
- At the end of the wall, measure and cut a board to fit. Use a pinch bar (if necessary) to fit the last plank in place.
Place a spacer at the end of the first row.
- Evaluate the first row to ensure it is straight and level. Adjust where needed.
Install the Main Part of the Floor
- Use a partial board (it should be at least 8"–10" in length) to start the second row.
- Click and lock the board together with the first row.
- Work your way across the floor until you reach the last row.
Install Last Row
- Measure out your expansion spacing in at least two places along the wall. Snap a chalk line between
- Dry fit the last row by laying out the click lock hardwood with the tongue or cut part of the board toward the wall.
Scribe fit (if necessary) so that the click lock flooring matches the contours in the wall. Make sure this last row is
- Once satisfied with the fit, click and lock each board in the last row together.
- At the end of the wall, measure and cut a click lock plank to fit. Use a pinch bar (if necessary) to fit the last board
in place. Place a spacer at the end of the first row.
- Evaluate the last row to ensure it is straight and level. Adjust where needed.
- Your click lock hardwood floor does not need any time to set. Once you click the last board into place, you can remove
all spacers and begin using your new hardwood floor.
© 2008 FindAnyFloor.com. All rights reserved. All FindAnyFloor.com content (PDF's, text,
photographs, graphics, code, applications) is protected by copyright in the U.S. and other countries.