How to Install
PDF DownLoad Links
Flooring Installation Instructions | PDF's
Quick Guide on
How–to–Install Laminate Flooring – 300kb pdf | Our short installation guide for those with DIY
Full Guide – Complete Installation
Instructions on Installing your Laminate Floor – 800 kb pdf | Our full set installation instructions for those new
to the DIY experience.
NOTE: The majority of laminate floors on the market today
use the glueless (click and lock)
installation method. Only use these instructions a reference as there are a variety of laminate click lock styles. Always
follow the instructions provided by your specific laminate manufacturer.
Install The First Row
Take extra time when installing the first row of glueless laminate. It is essential that this row be straight even if the
walls are not.
- Along the longest wall, measure out your expansion spacing (usually 1/4") in at least two places
and snap a chalk line.
- Lay out the glueless
laminate with the groove toward the wall but do not lock together yet. Add spacers between the flooring and the wall.
Make sure this first row is completely straight. Scribe fit (if necessary) so that the laminate matches the contours of the
- Once satisfied with the fit, click and lock the first row of laminate together. There should be no space between locked
- At the end of the wall, measure, cut and lock the last laminate plank in place. Add a spacer at the end of the first
- Evaluate this first row to ensure it is straight and level. Adjust where needed.
Install The Main Part Of The Floor
- Use a partial board (approx 8"–10" in length) to start the second row.
- Click and lock laminate boards together as you did with the first row.
- Work your way across the floor until you reach the last row.
Install The Last Row
- Measure out your expansion spacing (usually 1/4") in at least two places and snap a chalk line.
- Lay out the last row of laminate with the tongue or cut part toward the wall. Scribe fit (if necessary) so that the
glueless laminate matches any contours in the wall. Make sure this last row is completely straight.
- Once satisfied with the fit, click and lock each plank in the last row together with the rest of the floor.
- Evaluate the last row to ensure it is straight and level. Adjust where needed.
© 2008 FindAnyFloor.com. All rights reserved. All FindAnyFloor.com content (PDF's, text,
graphics, code, applications) is protected by copyright in the U.S. and other countries.