How to Install
PDF DownLoad Links
Flooring Installation Instructions | PDF's
Quick Guide on
How–to–Install Laminate Flooring – 300kb pdf | Our short installation guide for those with DIY
Full Guide – Complete Installation
Instructions on Installing your Laminate Floor – 800 kb pdf | Our full set installation instructions for those new
to the DIY experience.
There are two types of glued laminate:
- Pre–Glued – An adhesive is applied at the factory to each tongue and groove. You wet the
adhesive to activate it.
- Glued – You apply an adhesive to the tongue and/or groove of each board. (This is the original,
and messiest way, to install laminate.)
NOTE: Only use these instructions as a reference as there are a variety of glued laminate
products on the market. Always follow the instructions provided by your specific laminate manufacturer.
If using an adhesive, always choose a urethane based product designed for flooring tongues and grooves. Do not use
adhesives that are trowled onto the subfloor or that list water as an ingredient unless specifically recommended by your
Install The First Row
Take extra time when installing the first row of glued laminate. It is critical that this row be straight even if the
walls are not. Remember, you are NOT gluing the laminate to the subfloor.
- Along the longest wall, measure out your expansion spacing (approx 1/4") in at least two spots and
snap a chalk line.
- Lay out the laminate with the groove toward the wall but do not glue yet. Scribe fit (if necessary) so that the laminate
boards match any contours along the wall. Add spacers between the wall and the laminate flooring. Make sure this first row is
- Once satisfied with the fit, remove and stack planks in the order they will be installed. Do not to scratch the finish
- Wet to activate the pre–glued adhesive. Or apply adhesive along the entire top of the tongue of the first board.
Apply glue on the bottom of the groove of the second plank. Fit tightly together on the floor. Wipe away any excess glue.
Place a spacer between each plank and the wall.
- Work your way down the wall installing the laminate.
- At the end of the wall, measure, cut and install the last piece of laminate board in the first row. Place a spacer
between the laminate and the wall.
- Evaluate the first row to ensure it is straight and level. Adjust where needed.
Let The Floor Set
Allow the adhesive to set for about 24 hours or as recommended by your manufacturer. During this time, do not walk on or
place anything upon the newly installed laminate floor. Leave all spacers in place until the floor is completely dry.
© 2008 FindAnyFloor.com. All rights reserved. All FindAnyFloor.com content (PDF's, text,
graphics, code, applications) is protected by copyright in the U.S. and other countries.