How to Install
Skip Installation PDF
Download Vinyl Flooring
Installation Instructions | PDF's
Quick Guide on
How–to–Install a Vinyl Floor – 300kb pdf | Our short installation guide for those with DIY
Full Guide – Complete Installation Instructions
on Installing your Vinyl Floor – 1.0 mb pdf | Our full set of DIY installation instructions.
Vinyl tiles and planks are laid out much like ceramic tile. If you are using
peel–and–stick vinyl, you'll remove the protective backing and secure in place. For other types of vinyl, you can
use tab, spray or full spread adhesive. If using one of these methods, follow all the
adhesive manufacturer's recommendations during installation.
Install Vinyl Tiles / Planks
- Snap a chalk line between the center points of each opposite wall to divide the room into four equal
- Layout a row of loose vinyl tiles in all directions at the center intersection point. Evaluate the fit. If there are
small cuts (less than 1/2") along walls, move the starting point down by 1/2 a vinyl tile width and re–snap your chalk
lines. If desired, snap chalk lines to divide the larger quadrants into smaller (approx 2' x 3') sections.
- Begin securing vinyl tiles/planks at the center intersection point in one quadrant and work your way towards the walls.
Follow all the adhesive manufacturer's
recommendations during installation.
- At walls, scribe fit vinyl tiles to fit.
- Once all vinyl tiles/planks are installed, roll the floor if recommended by your flooring manufacturer.
- Let the newly installed vinyl tiles/planks cure for between 24–72 hours or as directed by your manufacturer. During
this time, do not move anything back into the room and keep foot traffic to a minimum.
© 2008 FindAnyFloor.com. All rights reserved. All FindAnyFloor.com content (PDF's, text,
graphics, code, applications) is protected by copyright in the U.S. and other countries.