How to Install Around Vents, Fireplaces, Pipes & Specials Areas
Skip Installation PDF
Download Vinyl Flooring
Installation Instructions | PDF's
Quick Guide on
How–to–Install a Vinyl Floor – 300kb pdf | Our short installation guide for those with DIY
Full Guide – Complete Installation Instructions
on Installing your Vinyl Floor – 1.0 mb pdf | Our full set of DIY installation instructions.
Vinyl flooring may be installed in a variety of special circumstance areas such as:
- Around Fireplaces – Install vinyl flush with brickwork/fireplaces and caulk the entire edge.
- Pipes and Vents – Account for these objects in your pattern (for sheet vinyl) or make mini–patterns to help
you cut around these areas for vinyl tiles/planks.
- On Stairs – Vinyl should not be installed on stairs for safety reasons.
Transitions and Trims
Install transitions and trim to hide any expansion spacing and put the
finishing touches on your room.
- For Carpet – Metal, vinyl and rubber transition pieces are available. These types of transitions are either glued
or nailed to the subfloor.
- For Other Flooring Surfaces – Transitions to laminate, hardwood, tile or bamboo should match or accent that
Install all wall base, shoe base and quarter round trim around the perimeter of the room. Do NOT glue the trim to the vinyl. Always glue to the wall and nail at an angle every
16". Caulk significant gaps between the trim and the wall.
Caulk the Floor
Use flexible, mildew resistant silicone caulk to seal around all bathtubs, showers and other wet areas. If you did not
remove your baseboard, caulk the perimeter to seal against moisture and prevent the edges of the vinyl from peeling up.
© 2008 FindAnyFloor.com. All rights reserved. All FindAnyFloor.com content (PDF's, text,
graphics, code, applications) is protected by copyright in the U.S. and other countries.