flooring forums

Forums Home > Allergy Friendly Flooring > laminate for allergies?
laminate for allergies?
Replies for laminate for allergies?
islandgirl
Author Image

I have horrible allergies, and it seems that they have gotten worse over the years. I have been reading a lot lately about allergens in the home and have finally decided to get rid of my carpet and go with something else. I have heard that laminate is a great choice for people with allergies. Is this true and if so, why?
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
-Louisa May Alcott
JimLaeger
Author Image

RE: laminate for allergies?
Island Girl, Laminate is a good choice for persons that suffer from allergies. Unlike carpet that will trap allergens in the fiber allergens will lay on top of the laminate so it is very important that you keep this very clean. Be selective when selecting an underlayment for your laminate flooring if this is what you decide on.
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: August 30, 2008 11:50 PM

Hi Island Girl, laminate flooring is great. I have a son with allergies and asthma. I ripped out all of the carpet in my house and replaced it with laminate. Very easy to clean. If you need something more water resistant though, I would recommend tile or stone.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
islandgirl
Author Image

Thanks for your advice!
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
-Louisa May Alcott
Our members have made a total of 10028 posts
We have 5592 registered members
The newest member is mike10helson
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>