flooring forums

Forums Home > Allergy Friendly Flooring > wool rug w/allergies
wool rug w/allergies
Replies for wool rug w/allergies
Gayle44
Author Image

I'm planning on buying a large wool area rug to cover my scratched hardwood floors, but I have allergies.  I hear a lot of bad thing about carpet and allergies and I'm wondering if a wool rug will make mine act up.  Can anyone tell me if this is likely?  Thank you
Kensmom
Author Image

RE: wool rug w/allergies
Unlike some synthetic fibers that can cause allergic reaction in some people, wool is non allergenic and thereforesafe for those with allergies.  Many people with carpet complain about allergies because their carpets have trapped allergens over time and have not been cleaned properly.  Since you are covering a hard surface, wool can actually help to hold the allergens from stirring in the air until it is time to clean.  Clean regularly and you will not have a problem.
Gayle44
Author Image

Thanks so much for this info.  I couldn't find the answer to my question after doing an hour of reserach on the web, and you told me just what I needed to know.  Thanks so much!
Kensmom
Author Image

no problem!
fstwoolman
Author Image
Posted: September 6, 2011 1:28 AM

Hi everyone!

Wool Rugs are the ultimate luxury, the thick pile and ultra soft touch gives wool rugs the utimate designer appeal. 

Vibrant and rich colours and hand carved designs make this a touch of class for you home.

Thank you! www.iconrugs.co.uk
Our members have made a total of 10771 posts
We have 5830 registered members
The newest member is itubedownloads
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>