flooring forums

Forums Home > Borders and Medallions > centerpiece ideas??
centerpiece ideas??
Replies for centerpiece ideas??
Stonecole
Author Image

I am thinking of doing parquet flooring but I wanted to create some sort of center piece. I can’t seem to find many ideas for this. Can someone help me with some suggestions please?
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: August 13, 2008 9:51 PM

RE: centerpiece ideas??
Consider using a stone mosaic medallion. It would add a nice contrasting element both color wise and texture wise. Compass and starburst patterns are very popular. If you would like to easily finish it off using a wooden t-molding be sure to choose a square or diamond shaped medallion rather than a round one. Medallions can be purchased at many tile distributers as well as online auctions sites.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
DelWallace
Author Image

There are custom medallion makers who use several species to make a distinctive medallion. Some wood flooring manufacturers have inlays and greek key products availiable. Take a look at Kentucky Hardwood.
AllenG
Author Image

It’s a rather difficult process to custom make one, so you may consider hiring a professional who can design and install it for you. Try searching google pictures for some ideas.
Stonecole
Author Image

Michael, I never considered a square medallion. That sounds much easier to self-install. Thanks for all your answers everyone.
AllenG
Author Image

Always glad to help!
Our members have made a total of 10869 posts
We have 5846 registered members
The newest member is guptakomal
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>