flooring forums

Forums Home > Care and Maintenance > Carpet > reappearing spots
reappearing spots
Replies for reappearing spots
Jenny
Author Image

When I have my carpeting cleaned the spots come back in the same place a few days later. What is the cause of this?
lovetoDIY
Author Image

RE: reappearing spots
I would like to hear what type of cleaning method was used as well as what products they used. Also, what condition was the carpet in before cleaning? IF you did get ripped off, the company may have used a product that makes the carpet appear cleaner instead of actually removing stains, or they used in ineffective cleaning method. Another possibility is that the stains have sunk through the carpet and permeated the padding and subfloor. Though the carpet surface appears clean, as you walk on the carpet and as it sits over time you can pull those stains up from the subfloor and padding back to the surface of the carpet. If this is the case, continual cleanings will not do the trick. You need to pull back the carpet and get to the subfloor to correct the problem. You will likely need to replace the padding.
sparky12
Author Image
Posted: September 19, 2008 3:15 PM

RE: reappearing spots
It's possible that the cleaner you are using has a detergent that is leaving behind a residue on your floor that is attracting more dirt. Is the area one that is frequently traveled? If so, this may be what is happening.
Our members have made a total of 10035 posts
We have 5594 registered members
The newest member is pkarnwal
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>