Replies for clean laminate floor
Author Image
Altamonte Spgs, FL
Posted: December 20, 2008 1:22 PM

can I clean my laminte floor with a swiffer
Author Image
Posted: December 20, 2008 1:51 PM

RE: clean laminate floor
I personally think that the manufacturer generally knows what is best for cleaning their floors and maintaining their beauty for the longest.  If  possible, use a product that is made by or at least recommended by the manufacturer.  If you do choose to use a swifer mop, don't leave the solution on the floor and only spray as little as you need to clean the floor.  Laminate should only be damp mopped.  You don't want the solution to seep between the planks.

Hope that helps!
Author Image
Posted: December 20, 2008 1:56 PM

In most cases it will be safe to use a swiffer on a laminate floor. The only time that I wouldnt recommend it is when you have a smooth finish lamiante with a glossy finish. In this case there is a chance that the laminate will show minor surface scratching. If your laminate is like most and has a texture to it, you will be fine.

One other word of caution is the moisture that you use for the Swiffer. BE careful not to allow exessive moisture on the floor. Depending on the quality of your lamiante, moisture (even a little) can do significant damage. Higher end, moisture resistant laminates would be fine with a damp (lightly) mop or a swiffer.

When it comes to laminate and moisture, always try and dry the surface immediately to ensure a long lasting product.
Author Image
Dallas, TX
Posted: September 21, 2014 7:54 AM

Kindly always consult with the expert for this.Because sometime its create a lot of problems.
Author Image
Posted: April 1, 2015 3:28 AM

Swiffer traps and locks dirt and dust from almost any tile or laminate surface in your home.
Author Image
Posted: March 8, 2016 8:23 AM

I always use a swiffer on my laminate floors. I use only a floor detergent mixed with water. My flooring still looks great.
Freelance copywriter at  kitchencleaningbeckenham.co.uk/
Our members have made a total of 10264 posts
We have 5685 registered members
The newest member is TiffanyFrazier
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies