flooring forums

Forums Home > Care and Maintenance > Vinyl > red candle wax on vinyl tiles
red candle wax on vinyl tiles
Replies for red candle wax on vinyl tiles
islandgirl
Author Image

Please help!  I spilled a lot of red candle wax on blue vinyl tiles.  I scraped most of it off, but I can't get it all.  Any ideas?
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
-Louisa May Alcott
MrsKosha
Author Image

RE: red candle wax on vinyl tiles
Unfortunately, the vinyl usually dyes the surface, and in this case it's impossible to remove from my experience.  You may try heating it up with steam from an iron and using a papertowel to absorb as much as you can, but no cleaner will remove the stain.  I've tried a lot of products including bleach in the past and done a lot of research oniline to no avail.  The positive side is that you have tiles which are easy to remove and replace. 
MrsKosha
Author Image

RE: red candle wax on vinyl tiles
Quote:
Unfortunately, the vinyl usually dyes the surface, and in this case it's impossible to remove from my experience.  You may try heating it up with steam from an iron and using a papertowel to absorb as much as you can, but no cleaner will remove the stain.  I've tried a lot of products including bleach in the past and done a lot of research oniline to no avail.  The positive side is that you have tiles which are easy to remove and replace. 

I meant to say the wax usually dyes the surface
Our members have made a total of 10825 posts
We have 5840 registered members
The newest member is samirhussain0618
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>