flooring forums

Forums Home > Children Friendly Flooring > best floor for daycare
best floor for daycare
Replies for best floor for daycare
Apimentel
Author Image

I run a day care and needless to say, accidents happen and the kid’s diapers may leak or they may get sick. We’ve had beveled hardwood in the past and I don’t need to tell you how hard it is to get puke out of a beveled edge completely. We are now replacing the flooring on the entire ground level floor and would like to do a continuous type of flooring throughout the kitchen, play room, living room, bathroom, and office. What would you recommend?
thecorkguy
Author Image

RE: best floor for daycare
cork that is well sealed would be best in my opinion.
JimLaeger
Author Image

In my experience in remodeling nursing homes and day care facilities either a commercial grade vinyl with heat welded seams or vinyl composition tile are excellent choices. You can create patterns with different colors that can really make your flooring friendly. Installed and sealed properly you should have no problem with excrements on the floor if cleaned up promptly.
Apimentel
Author Image

Jim, I think I like your idea of the vinyl with heat welded seams.  I did a little research and this is in my price range, which is an added benefit.  Thanks for your assistance
TampaFlooring
Author Image
Posted: June 24, 2009 7:48 AM

Kids flooring doesn't have to mean wall-to-wall, cartoon-print carpet. In fact, there are several types of flooring for kids that can make your living space both attractive and safer for your children. Whether your children are barely out of the crib or active high school students, selecting a family-friendly floor that can handle wear and tear may very well help save you money in the long run.
Safety Tiles
Author Image
Posted: June 25, 2009 8:07 PM

This is the best floor for pool decking around.  Similar to what you are looking for.

www.softtecproducts.com
Contact us for prices for Soft and Slip Resistant Foam Flooring Tiles for your bathroom, pool, kitchen etc.  Our tiles are soft and safe! 
Our members have made a total of 10869 posts
We have 5846 registered members
The newest member is guptakomal
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>