flooring forums

Forums Home > Children Friendly Flooring > first times parents need a little flooring advice
first times parents need a little flooring advice
Replies for first times parents need a little flooring advice
TinaB
Author Image

My husband and I are about to be parents for the first time and we can’t seem to decide what type of flooring to put in the baby’s room. There are so many options out there, that we just don’t know where to begin or what to consider. Any help????
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: September 14, 2008 5:38 PM

RE: first times parents need a little flooring advice
If it were me, I would go with a soft carpet to minimize the chance of head injury. There will be a time when your baby will outgrow the crib and climb out. You will want a soft landing!
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
ScottSummers
Author Image

I think I would agree with Michael, babies and baby products can be messy, but a good quality carpet will clean-up just fine, and carpet is certainly the most comfortable floor to roll around on while playing with a new baby. It's always a good idea to lay baby on a clean blanket when they're really small too as even soft carpets can irritate a newborn's skin. (blankets are easier to wash than carpet too)
LeoC
Author Image

You could also do a nice thick cork which is soft and cushiony and also antimicrobial.  Congratulations on the new baby!
TinaB
Author Image

Thank you for your congrats...we couldn't be happier! our baby girl was born 1-15-09 6lbs 6oz.  Anyways, we ended up going with carpet.  Thanks for everyone's opinions.
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: February 17, 2009 10:25 PM

Congratulations on your baby girl! I think the carpet was a wise choice. Please visit our site again and tell your family and friends about FAF where flooring advice is always free!
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
Our members have made a total of 10004 posts
We have 5577 registered members
The newest member is suzhe345
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>