flooring forums

Forums Home > Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Ins... > Tile > What size tiles should I buy?
What size tiles should I buy?
Replies for What size tiles should I buy?
hibbygirl
Author Image

Hi All,

I am shopping for tiles for my bathroom which is 7' x 5'.  What size tiles would look right in this space?  I was thinkng of 12"x12" tiles, but I think that may be too large for this little space.  What do you think?
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: October 7, 2008 11:18 PM

RE: What size tiles should I buy?
There is no hard fast rule on this. In my opinion, larger tiles make a room look smaller and small tiles make a room look bigger. However, 12 inch tiles are very popular and would look great in your 7 x 5 bathroom. Smaller tiles would just mean more grout to maintain!
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
hibbygirl
Author Image

Michael, good point about the grout lines. I had not considered that.  Sounds like 12 X 12 tiles will work for my situation.
harmon_smith
Author Image
Posted: May 8, 2009 6:11 AM

Large tile in a small room, can work wonders in making the room feel larger than it really is, while small tiles in a sprawling kitchen will appear busy and overwhelming in such a large space. It's important that you take into account these practical considerations when choosing tile, and not just your first impressions in the showroom, to ensure you'll be happy with the final product.
www.ciciliotandson.com/index.php
Our members have made a total of 10020 posts
We have 5585 registered members
The newest member is winserps
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>