flooring forums

Forums Home > Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Ins... > Tile > tile against dishwasher
tile against dishwasher
Replies for tile against dishwasher
sparky12
Author Image
Posted: October 29, 2008 12:13 AM

I am doing a DIY tile job on my kitchen floor. Putting in 16-inch porcelain tile. How do pros normally finish off the tile where it meets the dishwasher? Do I need to have the dishwasher removed to tile underneath or should I just butt up against the kickplate?
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: October 29, 2008 6:05 PM

RE: tile against dishwasher
It is not necessary to remove the dishwasher. You don't want to butt the tile against the kickplate either, which would make it difficult to remove the dishwasher later on and make for an unsightly gap. First, you will need to remove the kickplate by unscrewing a couple of screws. Behind the kickplate there are two adjustable pegs that screw upward. Turn the pegs enough to clear the tile. Chances are good that the top of the dishwasher is mounted to the underside of your cabinet, which will allow the front of the dishwasher to hang, allowing you to screw the pegs up without using a shim. When you are ready to tile, you only need to make the cuts in front of the dishwasher just big enough to allow the pegs to fully rest on the tile. If the pegs won't screw up by hand, you may need a wrench. Good luck!

forum image
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
sparky12
Author Image
Posted: May 2, 2009 11:47 PM

Thanks Michael - This worked out really well.  I did just what you said and it looks great!!  Thanks again!
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: May 3, 2009 9:25 PM

Glad I could help. Please let us know if you need anything else.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
Our members have made a total of 10757 posts
We have 5828 registered members
The newest member is umroh212
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>