flooring forums

Fancy floor covers.
Replies for Fancy floor covers.
sgbotsford
Author Image
Posted: February 10, 2009 11:13 PM

I am looking for a laminate floor system where the end groove and the edge groove are compatible.  That is, I want planks I can do herringbone patterns with.

I want laminate because it seems to be sturdier than hardwood for normal abuse.  Alternately, I will go with tile, but this will mean an awful lot of tile cutting, or the use of an impossible number of squares and a lot of grout. 

Yes, this is a DIY project.  I've done a Konnecto floor, a single sheet vinyl floor, a laminate floor.  I've put up tile showers and back splashes.  Now I want to do something interesting.

This is Double basket weave.  Visualize done with a say, a red oak plank surrounding a light grey marble.  This pattern can be done with a plank that is 2S +Pw long. (S= size of square, Pw = plank width.)  This can be pre-assembled in large squares. (If I did this one in tile, I would try doing these on 3/4 ply, then cementing the 3/4 ply squares down.  Go ahead tell me it won't work.)

forum image

This is single basket weave.  While Double can be pre-assembled in squares, single has to be laid on site.  Much tougher proposition.  This I think is the hardest pattern to lay.

forum image

This is longbox.  It can be done entirely with planks if lengh exact multiple of width.It's also boring.

forum image

This is Peano.  (Search peano curve and math)  This can be done with pavers twice as long as they are wide. The dark curve divides the space into two disjoint areas.  The outer yellow and inner yellow could be different.  Note too that the brown has no + intersections with the yellow.  This one would be fun to do as an outdoor patio.

forum image

This is French.  Pl = 2s, Pw = 1/3 S.  Of course there are variations of the pattern using a different square for the stripes than for the blocks.

forum image
MrsKosha
Author Image

RE: Fancy floor covers.
The peano and the single basket weave are my favorite.  Check out this link www.faceliftfloors.com/hardwood-fa...

They talk about Alloc Classics' Herringbone laminate. I'd love to see a picture of your completed project!
baseball_addict
Author Image

I like the single basket weave best also.
ichiban
Author Image

What pattern did you end up going with?
sabysmith
Author Image
Posted: January 9, 2012 6:58 AM

For those that enjoy luxurious fabrications, wool and silk-blend rugs are elegant, yet durable, and can easily last a lifetime. Eco-conscious consumers can purchase rugs that are constructed from recycled plastic bottles, bamboo, and other green materials.

Wool Carpet

rosa
Author Image
Posted: May 22, 2012 1:03 AM

Well, laminate floor system is good idea. Main advanatge of laminate flooring is the longevity of the floor.These flooring costs have such a broad range but can offer you just about any replications. With any wood types that you would desire.

Our members have made a total of 10771 posts
We have 5830 registered members
The newest member is itubedownloads
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>