flooring forums

Forums Home > General Floor Talk – Eve... > Design Inspiration > How to make a room look spacious
How to make a room look spacious
Replies for How to make a room look spacious
StacieM
Author Image

I am installing new floors in my bedroom which is upstairs. It’s a very tight space. I am planning on using wood or laminate. Is there anything I can do with the flooring that will make the room appear more spacious?
JimLaeger
Author Image

RE: How to make a room look spacious
Always run the wood or laminate with the length of the room and select lighter colors without a lot of grain that could create a busy look to the room.
ichiban
Author Image

You should also use wider planks as they can help to make the room appear larger and more open. Smaller planks can make a small room look cluttered.
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: August 21, 2008 11:47 AM

The use of lighter color flooring will give the illusion of more space and will reflect more light. Also, be sure the grain of the wood flows parallel to the longest wall.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
bleedwater
Author Image

Another trick to making the room appear larger is leaving more open floor space. Avoid huge dressers, and other furniture.
StacieM
Author Image

Great advice! Thanks everyone for your advice. I had no idea there would be so many tips to make a room appear spacious. I'm glad I asked
Our members have made a total of 10028 posts
We have 5592 registered members
The newest member is mike10helson
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>