flooring forums

Carpet warranty - Worth it?
Replies for Carpet warranty - Worth it?
SamL
Author Image

I am about to buy new carpet for my home, so I have been doing some online shopping. I am noticing that many retailers offer a warranty with their carpets. I have also been reading that lots of folks are unhappy with the warranties that they have purchased, and I wanted to know what you guys thought about warranties. Is it worth it to purchase a carpet with a good warranty, or is just a waste of money?
janescasey
Author Image

RE: Carpet warranty - Worth it?
In my opinion MOST carpet warranties are worthless. The situations they cover are rare – such as 10% of the fiber or face weight being lost. When this is honored, they only replace the bad section.
MrsKosha
Author Image

Stainmaster carpets offer a stain warranty, however it has many limitations. For example, it does not cover stains from mustard, herbal tea, non food and beverage items, and so on. In my experience, it’s difficult to find a carpet warranty that you will actually be able to use.
ScottSummers
Author Image

I agree for the most part, but I have done several warranty replacements in my career as well. Keep in mind however, that with most warranties the manufacturer may replace the carpet, but the cost of new pad and labor will be your responsibility. One exception to the warranty rule... Many retailers are offering lifetime installation warranties. If the retailer is well established in your community, they will likely stand behind this one. But in most cases this will probably only save you the cost of a restretch down the road; usually worth a couple hundred dollars at most. Ask your retailer how many warranty replacements they have done and how satisfied the customers were with the process and end result. As already mentioned, look closely at the exclusions as well, before making your decision.
JimLaeger
Author Image

Like previously mentioned be sure you are dealing with an established reputable carpet dealer. In the warranty information pay particular attention to the section on cleaning and maintenance. I have seen more claims denied because of the lack of record keeping on maintenance of the carpet.
mark_robinson77
Author Image
Posted: December 31, 2009 4:43 AM

Warranty is a good thing & is quite relaxing thing while you are purchasing a carpet.They will charge a bit more.But the duration of carpet should have to be more than 11 months.
Our members have made a total of 9992 posts
We have 5577 registered members
The newest member is suzhe345
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>