flooring forums

cheap laminate
Replies for cheap laminate
StacieM
Author Image

I found some laminate on lumberliquidators.com that is pretty cheap in comparison to what I looked at in the store.  Should I buy it?  Is there anything in specific that I should look out for?  Thanks!
MrsKosha
Author Image

RE: cheap laminate
I've heard a lot of mixed feeling about buying laminate online.  Frist, you always want to make sure you can see your flooring in person, so if you do buy online, be sure to order a sample first and put it through a durability test (see what it takes to scratch, stain, etc).  The other thing to worry about is acclimation.  If you order your laminate online and it comes from a dry climate and is delivered in a humid climate, or vice versa, you could have acclimation problems.

In my opinion, you should support your local retailers.  That way, you will have an actual person to talk to if you have questions or if something goes wrong.  I bet that lumberliquidators would just tell you to contact the manufacturer whereas your local retailer will do what they can to help you in order to maintain your trust.  Also, be sure to check out the laminte buyers guide here  www.findanyfloor.com/BuyingGuides/... to make sure you are buying quality laminate.

Good luck with your flooring purchase!
StacieM
Author Image

Thanks for your advice Mrskosha!
MrsKosha
Author Image

You are very welcome.
mark_robinson77
Author Image
Posted: December 16, 2009 6:45 AM

Hi

I will also prefer to purchase cheap laminate.

But it must have a little bit better quality than the real cheap ones.
Our members have made a total of 10020 posts
We have 5585 registered members
The newest member is winserps
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>