flooring forums

getting a deal on hardwood
Replies for getting a deal on hardwood
hotrodmike
Author Image

Hi everyone. I’m planning on buying engineered hardwood floors and want to get a good deal but get a decent product as well. I’ve seen hardwood offered at incredibly low prices but I doubt they are good products. Can anyone offer some tips on how to know you are getting a good product when you find a low price?
ScottSummers
Author Image

RE: getting a deal on hardwood
Go with a reputable manufacturer if at all possible. Many of the cheaper products might hold-up o.k. but if you need installation advice or warranty service, you are likely going to be on your own. Do some research before you buy. Check out the company's website. (If they don't have one, this should be a red flag!) If possible get the company's technical support phone number and call it to make sure it is for real and there is actually a real person available should you need help.

There are good deals out there, but there are also retailers who buy flooring by the truckload at extreme discounts because the product is 2nd quality goods or a foreign "knock-off" of a quality product. Even brand names can sometimes be copied by unscrupulous foreign manufacturers. Copyright laws don't mean much in some countries.

Do your homework, and if it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is. For more ideas, check-out www.findanyfloor.com/BuyingGuides/HardwoodBuyersGuide.xhtml
JimLaeger
Author Image

Hotrodmike, that is very good advice from Scott. You may run across a product that you like that has been discontinued by a manufacturer and is offered at a huge discount. These products will most likely still carry a manufacturer's warranty. But be careful who you buy from.
hotrodmike
Author Image

Thanks for the great advice.  I will definately do my research on the company before buying anything after hearing what you guys had to say about it.  There are some shysty people out there!
Adricjosi
Author Image
Posted: August 9, 2011 12:23 AM

Hardwood flooring installation plans will help you in lying in your floor in a way that will assure you of having a beautiful floor that you can enjoy for years. So I must suggest the custom hardwood installation for home floors.

Vancouver Hardwood Floor Refinishi...

alexjoe12
Author Image
Posted: July 9, 2013 9:47 AM

I agree with this guy about the custom hardwood installation for home floors.
Our members have made a total of 10853 posts
We have 5843 registered members
The newest member is stewartcristan
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>