flooring forums

Forums Home > General Floor Talk – Eve... > Shopping for Flooring > Want to Know More About Rubber Flooring
Want to Know More About Rubber Flooring
Replies for Want to Know More About Rubber Flooring
penwright
Author Image
Posted: November 1, 2008 3:54 AM

We live in a mobile home. We live in front of a woods so have problems with bugs. I didn't see anything about whether rubber flooring has a natural pesticide in it like cork. Does anyone know if it does? After reading all the information about flooring, I've decided on rubber, but I'm not sure if it would be good with cats. Sometimes they go on the floor, both ways, instead of in their litter box. I'm concerned about damage to a rubber floor or would it be an excellent choice for our kitchen and bathrooms? Also would it be easy to clean?

Since we live in a mobile home, would it be best to just put the rubber tiles over the already existing floor or remove it first?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
MrsKosha
Author Image

RE: Want to Know More About Rubber Flooring
Hi penwright,

To answer your questions -

Rubber flooring is pet friendly and moisture resistant making it safe for both your kitchen and bathroom.  Since you are considering rubber tiles, you may have to worry about urine seeping to the seams.  I recommend rolled rubber as there will be fewer seams.  A glue down installation is generally the best choice as it will bond to the subfloor and not allow any liquids to flow under the seams in case your cats have an accident.

What is your exisiting floor made of?  Usually it is best to remove the exisiting flooring as it can make installation more difficult being that you may need to cut the bottom of your doors for the flooring to fit underneath. 

When I know what flooring you have now, I can give you a more complete answer, but I can tell you that your subfloor must be level and free of and bump or imperfections as these can show through the rubber flooring over time.

I have cats too so I have dealt with the frustration that they can cause when it comes to flooring. In their room where the litter box is, I laid vinyl flooring recently. It's also pet friendly and easy to clean. My cats are weird about their cat litter. If I don't get them tidy scoop for multi cats they will start acting up so you might want to try switching brands of cat litter. I also have one of those cat litter boxes that you can just roll to clean and pull out a drawer to empty the clumps. I highly recommend it!

handychic
Author Image

Hey, did you see this link? www.findanyfloor.com/rubber/Rubber...
tmpfdas1
Author Image
Posted: April 15, 2010 9:48 PM

Nice link, lots of info.
Online Flooring Software
rosa
Author Image
Posted: May 28, 2012 3:07 AM

Well,I am agree that Rubber flooring is pet friendly. It is known to be long-lasting as it is immune to chemical spots and melts. It is considered to last for around three decades.

alexjoe12
Author Image
Posted: July 26, 2013 3:30 PM

Rubber flooring is durable and low maintenance, and we should avoid detergents and harsh cleaning agents as they fade the colour of surface. Only good quality cleaning agents should be useful.
Our members have made a total of 10757 posts
We have 5828 registered members
The newest member is umroh212
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>