flooring forums

Forums Home > General Floor Talk – Eve... > Shopping for Flooring > Where to buy flooring in Southern California?
Where to buy flooring in Southern California?
Replies for Where to buy flooring in Southern California?
Auntie_Ren
Author Image
Posted: June 16, 2009 1:30 PM

Hello to all!

I am new to this forum.  My husband and I are starting the long process of redoing the floors in our livng room, den, and kitchen.  We are feeling a bit overwhelmed by the many vendors and installers we have to choose from.  Obviously this is a huge investment and we want to choose wisely. Just looking for any advice or personal experiences (negative and positive) that any of you may have had with any specific stores.  We are located in Southern California. 

Thanks in advance for your time!

-Ren
Auntie_Ren
Author Image
Posted: June 17, 2009 5:53 PM

RE: Where to buy flooring in Southern California?
So I have been doing some more research and discoverd CarpetWagon.com.  They are appealing to me because they will come to your home and they offer a wide selection of high quality brands at low prices.  But I don't know anyone who has used them before.  Does anyone in the greater Los Angeles area have any experience with this vendor?

Notes:  http://carpetwagon.com/
Auntie_Ren
Author Image
Posted: June 17, 2009 5:53 PM

So I have been doing some more research and discoverd CarpetWagon.com.  They are appealing to me because they will come to your home and they offer a wide selection of high quality brands at low prices.  But I don't know anyone who has used them before.  Does anyone in the greater Los Angeles area have any experience with this vendor?

Notes:  http://carpetwagon.com/
thecorkguy
Author Image

Hi Auntie Ren,

I recommend that you do a search for local flooring retailers that are in your area using the locator tool at the top of the main page.Once you have found flooring retailers in your area, you can do some ititial calling around to see which stores take the time to answer your questions and seem to have your best interests at heart (rather than just making a sale).  From this initial phone conversation you can often get a good idea of some stores that may be worth checking out. 

Then,  recommend going to BBB.com and searching for those business to see if any complaints have been logged against them.  Another good way to find out about a business (though you have to take into consideration that what you read may not be true) is by googling the business name in quotes with the words "scam" or "complaint" and seeing what you find. You may want to do that with Carpet Wagon.  I have never worked with them personally so I can't say good or bad, but you will see some reviews from others that may be worth reading.

Hope this helps you make your decision.  When you decide what type of flooring you want to go with I recommend printing the corresponding buyers guide here on this site and taking it with you to shop.

If you need more help choosing the right flooring, just let me know.  I know it can get tough considering factors such as traffic, room use, kids, pets, room grade....and so on.  Just let me know if I can be of any more assistance.
Our members have made a total of 10771 posts
We have 5830 registered members
The newest member is itubedownloads
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>