flooring forums

Forums Home > Floor Types > Bamboo > Dansk bamboo fusion
Dansk bamboo fusion
Replies for Dansk bamboo fusion
hhayashi
Author Image
Posted: April 8, 2009 9:55 PM

Hi, everyone,

I am  new to the site and need your advice.

I am building a house and for a very long time my dream was to put a bamboo floor.  Spent a lot of time in research and founf DANSK Fusion - perfect in durability, installation, appearance and colours - Auburn, not to mention impact on environment.

My builder has never done that type of floor before and is very reluctant. My questions:

1) has any one installed Bamboo Fusion Uniclick Pro Series and can share his experience in installation and wear of the finish product?

2) would you have any supportive arguments for my builder to go ahead with that product?

The time is running out for me; he is pressing me for a decision in favour of another product....

Thanks,

ichiban
Author Image

RE: Dansk bamboo fusion
Hi.  I can help you with your question.  I'm curious though - Did your installer tell you why he is hesitant in this type of installation?  It installs pretty much just like a click together hardwood but you need to pay special attention to the moisture level of your subfloor and proper acclimation on your Dansk Fusion bamboo flooring.  I wouldn't recommend it in a basement due to naturall high moisture levels, but other than that, I think it's a good choice.  I do recommend that you get a moisture meter so that you can monitor your home's humidty if you live in an area with humidity extremes.  let me know if I can help more.
hhayashi
Author Image
Posted: April 10, 2009 8:55 AM

Hi, Ichiban,

I suspect the builder is hesitant because he has never done that before and is afraid that if something goes wrong, he will be in trouble. From what I have read, people install this type of floor - floating - themselves (which Iwould not attempt).

I am aware of the moisture issues and I am ready to monitor it.

Since this product - fusion bamboo by Dansk is relatively new - about a year - do you know of any study done to the product, not to its hardness which is very high, but overall performance? In one store I saw a bamboo floor - strand type - cracking slightly... not very appealing. I could see the little pieces that were glued together. Dansk uses different process to manufacture its floor.

Do you have a bamboo floor yourself?

Best,

hh
ichiban
Author Image

I don't have a Dansk bamboo floor, but I have had bamboo floors in the past and I have seen the difference in quality between bamboo floors.  They have improved a lot over the last several years. Dansk is well constructed.  If you are in the mood to read, check out this 29 page document about Dansk fusion.  www2.danskhardwood.com/Fusion_Fold... I'm pretty sure you will be happy with their bamboo products.

Here is a Dansk bamboo installation guide for that product that yuo could print off your your installer to look at before hand.  Maybe he will be more comfortable with the installation then.  www.fastfloors.com/li_33628,0,2428...

I also recommend that he takes a look at the advanced bamboo installation guide on here which is very in depth.  www.findanyfloor.com/pub/pdf/Insta...

Hope all these links will help you make your decision.

ichiban

hhayashi
Author Image
Posted: April 13, 2009 10:29 AM

You are really the ICHIBAN!

Thanks a lot for all the links. I've started to read them and I, myself, become more comfortable.Even started to be excited about the project.

Again - thanks.

ichiban
Author Image

I'm glad you found those links helpful.  I'd love to hear how your project turns out.  Let me know if I can help more.

ichiban
Our members have made a total of 10798 posts
We have 5832 registered members
The newest member is ruhisingh
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>