flooring forums

Forums Home > Floor Types > Carpet > best carpet for allergies
best carpet for allergies
Replies for best carpet for allergies
SamL
Author Image

What are the different types of carpet fibers? I have slight allergies so I am wondering which fiber will be best.
JimLaeger
Author Image

RE: best carpet for allergies
In the US carpet industry the fibers used are nylon, polypropylene (olefin), acrylic, polyester, wool and cotton. The synthetic fibers would be better for a person with allergies.
carpetguy
Author Image

I recommend using polypropylene or olefin. Polyester is hypoallergenic too but it can loose its resiliency faster than others.
Great info on carpet located here www.findanyfloor.com/carpet/Carpet...
eyes_beautiful
Author Image
Posted: February 15, 2010 6:39 AM

I will suggest wool area rugs as apart from hypoallergenic,these rugs are air purifying and controls interior humidity also..
Rugs for Sale- www.importflooring.com/sales.php
paso1987
Author Image
Posted: October 21, 2011 2:43 AM

Carpeting can be a major source of allergies, both new carpet that emits chemical odors and old carpet that harbors allergens.
Concerning new carpet; the carpet, padding and adhesives emit volatile organic compounds and some people report symptoms such as upper respiratory irritations, headaches, skin rashes, shortness of breath or cough, any fatigue, when new carpeting is installed. The odor associated with new carpet is generally caused by the chemicals 4-phenylcyclohexene (4-PC). This chemical can be detected at very low levels, but does not always result in an unpleasant odor. The odor is no longer detectable after the carpeting has been down for a few days.
Calculate Your Monthly Saving With Bosch Tankless Water Heater & ...
sidvermawt
Author Image
Posted: October 24, 2011 8:05 AM

There are so many type of fibers available in the carpets like wool, nylon, new soft nylons,pet polyster,trixeta, olefin, acrylic, rayon and cotton but if yor are saying that you are having allergy from the fibers then i ll suggest you to go for the cotton fibre for the carpet.
Our members have made a total of 33182 posts
We have 13120 registered members
The newest member is Ruggiero
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>