flooring forums

Forums Home > Floor Types > Hardwood > increase home value
increase home value
Replies for increase home value
GeorgiaChris
Author Image

Does solid hardwood increase the value of your house more than engineered hardwood?
gpadden
Author Image

RE: increase home value
Both can increase the value of your home.
janescasey
Author Image

Check with you realtor or appraiser. I’ve heard that they no longer count flooring toward the actual value of your house. Seems unfair to me, but it’s what my appraiser told me.
ichiban
Author Image

If that’s the case you should choose what works best in your area and for your budget.
hardwood
Author Image
Posted: January 2, 2010 7:03 PM

It depends. There are some high end engineered floors that look great and will increase the valu as much as the solid, but generally the solid is just the longer lasting floor since you can refinish it.

http://www.davincifloors.com
jastin123
Author Image
Posted: May 8, 2012 3:50 AM

Follow these guidelines to get the most out of your selection.

• To narrow your alternative, first of all make sure about your budget. Knowing how much you can afford will save your time and effort.
• Choose best one according to the foot traffic.
• For better look, you need to choose your floor's type and color that will fit in.
• Each type of Wooden flooring has its cons and benefits so whole detail about your wooden Floors are necessary.
• Choose Wooden Flooring on behalf of the rating. All wood comes in different ratings or grades: Higher grades indicate more durable wood that is less likely to have visible defects.
• You can use less robust wooden floors for the bedroom as well because this area also observes less traffic.
• You can also use a less-durable wood for living rooms and dining rooms because these areas generally have less traffic.
• There is a special requirement of wood floors for a kitchen or family room because they are high-traffic areas.

www.mulveys.com/
Our members have made a total of 10036 posts
We have 5597 registered members
The newest member is richard58
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>