flooring forums

Forums Home > FindAnyFloor.com Pros > KONECTO PROBLEMS?
KONECTO PROBLEMS?
Replies for KONECTO PROBLEMS?
milan1622
Author Image
Posted: June 14, 2009 11:43 PM

Hi,

I've been considering putting konecto in a rental property I own, but have seen problems concerning the lifting of konecto from the floors, even when installed professionally. Is there anyone that can tell me more about what is happening? I am concerned about placing it in a rental home, because if it lifts, the renters may not call to even let me know. I was also going to put it in the bathrooms, but if it is lifting, or seperating, I don't want it down in a bathroom, where water could get under it. I know it says it is waterproof, but if it is seperating or lifting, water could get under it. Do you know if it is installed professionally, and water gets under it, if Konecto is replacing the flooring, and subflooring, and any other damage that is done? Thanks for any help.

Elisa
ManleyJerry
Author Image

RE: KONECTO PROBLEMS?
Hi Milan,

I'm glad to help you with your question.  I have had several experiences with installing Konecto flooring and I can tell you that with a professional installation you should be very satisfied with the performance of your Konecto floors.  Yes, I have seen problems with Konecto lifting in the past (more with the tiles rather than the planks) but this is usually caused due to failure to properly acclimate your floors before installation, or by installing in a room that is too moist or an uncontrolled temperature (usually one that is too cold), or because one didn't roll the floors properly after installation. These are problems that you could have with almost any floor (hardwood, bamboo, vinyl, laminate and so on). A professional flooring installer should take care in all of these factors.

I would be sure to choose a reputable installer and one that has completed several jobs using Konecto and one that guarantees their work.  Also, buy your Konecto from a retailer that is willing to help you after the sale if something were to go wrong.

Let me know if I can help any more.

mccollomp
Author Image
Posted: August 8, 2009 1:55 AM

Sad to say, we must add our floor failure experience with Konecto to this forum. 

We had approximately 1600 square feet of Konecto Susanville professionally installed,

throughout our house, in June and July of 2009, by a reputable retailer.

Initially, we were enthusiastic about this product because of its seemingly authentic wood-like appearance

and its ability to withstand the rigors imposed by three house dogs, but now, after just a few weeks,

our floors still looks like wood all right, but wood that has been underwater and has warped badly. 

Imagine the ocean, with waves and swells breaking towards the shore and you have an idea of what our

floors look like.  This was certainly not the look that we were after and it seems to be getting

worse as time goes by.

We are now at the stage where the accusatory fingers are being pointed in all directions,

with the retailer saying that the product was defective, and did not live up to its claims,

while the Konecto agent, TriWest,  is attempting to blame everything on faulty installation,

so we have been told.  Next week, we will be visited by a parade of retail flooring store owners, agents,

installers and inspectors, so stay tuned.

We are dreading having the entire house torn up, once again, as clearly this product is not going to be viable

for us, but given the comments from other people, similarly affected by Konecto malfunction, this is apt to

be a lengthy process before any corrective measures take place.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a product that wouldn't buckle but would also withstand

dog excretory "accidents?" 

We will keep this thread updated.
Ekaterina
Author Image
Posted: March 31, 2010 6:40 AM

Hey, thanks for sharing your post. Nice tips and useful too.

Profloor
Author Image
Posted: November 11, 2011 6:48 PM

Hi, I'm new here and have been reading some of the post to issues with this product Konecto..I hope what I have to add is some help, if not now but possibly for future projects. My background and credetials are 35 years of flooring with continued education ( Cerifications in )to date in Carpet installation, ceramic , Hard woods ,Laminates,Underlayments etc. and currently I am a CTT Instructor for a DOL Flooring Program......  Products come and go with few staple items such as wood and ceramic and Carpet.  As with all new students with very little back ground in contruction I start them with the foundations first..... KNOW YOUR SUBSRTATE...   be it wood or concrete. I drive home the importance of performing a RH moisture test prior to excepting the contract work. Acclimation of the product to the site conditions must be strictly followed. Things most often over looked are levelness to industry standards, moirture, location of down spots and lay of exterior grade. Once those conditions are met it is simply a matter of following the product installation instructions.With all do respect to flooring contractors...(Brother Hood)  some are reluctant to discuss prep. work .ie; vapor barriers and the like because they assume the dollars are'nt in the job or may loose the bid and would rather gamble  with thier reputation and clients project that a floor failure will not surface within the labor only  garanteed time of approx. 1 year( one full seaasonal climate change). Others simply lack training. I learned my lesson very early on as I was to appear in court with the flooring store , manucture rep. and plantiff. Judge ruled in favor of the plantiff even though we did not install the underlayment(MASONITE).. $2200.00 lesson he said," your the professional do not let some one tell you how to do your job"..take it on the chin he said ,it could be $22,000.00  , He added . Put me in check real fast and hence I qiuckly educated my self and hav'nt stopped.. You may not have the time or tools to do the job ,but you should ask Q's and inform your self and let the experts do it for you.. Please excuse my typos ..fingers are the size of hot dogs and keys like pin heads...I hope this helps.. good luck.
Profloor
Author Image
Posted: November 11, 2011 6:48 PM

Hi, I'm new here and have been reading some of the post to issues with this product Konecto..I hope what I have to add is some help, if not now but possibly for future projects. My background and credetials are 35 years of flooring with continued education ( Cerifications in )to date in Carpet installation, ceramic , Hard woods ,Laminates,Underlayments etc. and currently I am a CTT Instructor for a DOL Flooring Program......  Products come and go with few staple items such as wood and ceramic and Carpet.  As with all new students with very little back ground in contruction I start them with the foundations first..... KNOW YOUR SUBSRTATE...   be it wood or concrete. I drive home the importance of performing a RH moisture test prior to excepting the contract work. Acclimation of the product to the site conditions must be strictly followed. Things most often over looked are levelness to industry standards, moirture, location of down spots and lay of exterior grade. Once those conditions are met it is simply a matter of following the product installation instructions.With all do respect to flooring contractors...(Brother Hood)  some are reluctant to discuss prep. work .ie; vapor barriers and the like because they assume the dollars are'nt in the job or may loose the bid and would rather gamble  with thier reputation and clients project that a floor failure will not surface within the labor only  garanteed time of approx. 1 year( one full seaasonal climate change). Others simply lack training. I learned my lesson very early on as I was to appear in court with the flooring store , manucture rep. and plantiff. Judge ruled in favor of the plantiff even though we did not install the underlayment(MASONITE).. $2200.00 lesson he said," your the professional do not let some one tell you how to do your job"..take it on the chin he said ,it could be $22,000.00  , He added . Put me in check real fast and hence I qiuckly educated my self and hav'nt stopped.. You may not have the time or tools to do the job ,but you should ask Q's and inform your self and let the experts do it for you.. Please excuse my typos ..fingers are the size of hot dogs and keys like pin heads...I hope this helps.. good luck.
Our members have made a total of 10825 posts
We have 5840 registered members
The newest member is samirhussain0618
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>