flooring forums

Forums Home > FindAnyFloor.com Pros > Konecto Flooring Pro
Konecto Flooring Pro
Replies for Konecto Flooring Pro
lhale
Author Image

RE: Konecto Flooring Pro
Something must not be getting through to me lol.  So when you say "The standard Tile Collection does not have any emposed grout lines", then what kind do they have? Last question I swear! forum image
dsantos1
Author Image
Posted: June 14, 2009 3:24 PM

There is a DIY comment warning to not use Konecto as the seams came unsealed.  Is this a common problem?  It doesn't say in the Konecto installation video that you need to use a 100 pound roller...
mtlight64
Author Image
Posted: July 15, 2009 7:07 AM

I was thinking of installing Konecto flooring in my basement. Moisture tends to works its way through the floor sometimes in the way of dark spots on the concrete floor, but never any pooled water. I was considering an underlayment to create a moisture barrier between the Konecto and the concrete floor. I was going to use a rubberized roofing roll of 1/8" thickthroughout with the Konecto on top. Besides a moisture barrier, it wood shield the vinyl from the cold concrete floor with is responsible for the temperature variation that causes separation of the seams.  My question is? Can this floating floor be laid over a 1/8" rubberized flooring? The Konecto site does not specify  Thanks
AllenG
Author Image

dsantos, As with many flooring including bamboo, hardwood, laminate, and vinyl can expand and contract with changes in temperature and humidity. As long as your floors are properly installed and your home's climate is maintained.  You shouldn't need a roller with a floating installation.

mtlight, Konecto recommends using a polyuretahne sheet or sealing the concrete with a sealer guaranteed to control at 8lbs or more moisture pressure. Here is a link that will help: www.konectousa.com/files/installat...

Hope that helps! 
KonectoPro
Author Image
Posted: July 16, 2009 5:10 PM

All Konecto must be rolled with 100 lb Roller after install, failure to do so will void your warranty.

Konecto is like laminate only int he sense it wiill contract and expand and it is a floating floating Floor.

The glue on the overlapping epoxy strip is pressure sensitive , this means the more pressure applied the stromger the bond grows.

Rolling is a must!
I intend to be the most helpful internet merchant in the nation.
Our service does not stop after the sale, we offer direct support and advice concerning your New Konecto floor purchase.
We base our suggestion off 27 years in the install of flooring.
We have the best price on Konecto and many other floors in the nation with shipping to your door.
Our members have made a total of 42663 posts
We have 15578 registered members
The newest member is datasgpterpercaya
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>