flooring forums

Forums Home > Pet Friendly Flooring > clean cat stains from hardwood
clean cat stains from hardwood
Replies for clean cat stains from hardwood
HrlyDvsnRdr
Author Image
Posted: September 19, 2008 3:40 PM

I have gorgeous hardwood floors in my home and two gorgeous kittens as well. They were pretty much house trained when I got them, but they still have the occasional accident. What I want to know is, is there a product that is good to use for cleaning up pet stains from hardwood flooring?
ichiban
Author Image

RE: clean cat stains from hardwood
Use an absorben cloth to wipe up any wet urine from the surface,  A diaper also works great for absorbing the most urine.  Then wash the area off with a damp cloth and some vinegar to remove as much urine as possible. Next spray with an odor-removing bacteria and enzyme killer.  If the smell remains, try this (but test in a small hidden area first).  Then make a mixture of hydrogen peroxide(diluted to about 3%), a few squirts of regular dish soap, and a little baking soad.  Apply it to the area wipe up.  If the smell is still there, you are probably going to have to replace the hardwood as it most likely has speed into the wood and subfloor.
ichiban
Author Image

Sorry, I mean "seeped into the wood and subfloor"
HrlyDvsnRdr
Author Image
Posted: December 29, 2008 12:43 AM

I'll try that.  Hopefully it will help.  Thanks.
ichiban
Author Image

sure, glad to help.
Lucywu2012
Author Image
Posted: August 4, 2010 10:13 PM

Quote:
Use an absorben cloth to wipe up any wet urine from the surface,  A diaper also works great for absorbing the most urine.  Then wash the area off with a damp cloth and some vinegar to remove as much urine as possible. Next spray with an odor-removing bacteria and enzyme killer.  If the smell remains, try this (but test in a small hidden area first).  Then make a mixture of hydrogen peroxide(diluted to about 3%), a few squirts of regular dish soap, and a little baking soad.  Apply it to the area wipe up.  If the smell is still there, you are probably going to have to replace the hardwood as it most likely has speed into the wood and subfloor.

Are you sure it's useful. If so, I would like to have a try!
If everyones thinking the same thing , somebodys not thinking.
Click it: http://www.chinese-bamboo.com/
Our members have made a total of 10027 posts
We have 5590 registered members
The newest member is callgirlindubai
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>