flooring forums

Forums Home > Pet Friendly Flooring > laminate or something else?
laminate or something else?
Replies for laminate or something else?
coffeegirlie
Author Image

I have been thinking about changing out my carpet for laminate flooring in my home because I have a puppy. And as anyone with a puppy can tell you, carpet and puppies just do not work! I was thinking about laminate, but I keep reading a lot of negative things from other pet owners. What is the best type of flooring for pets?
Tool of choice - coffee forum image
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: September 28, 2008 11:42 AM

RE: laminate or something else?
I would recommend ceramic or porcelain tile. Go with a larger tile such as 16" or bigger and be sure to seal the grout joints with a penetrating grout sealer to lock out liquid stains.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
MoonyCat
Author Image
Posted: October 3, 2008 6:24 AM

I do not believe that ceramic or tiles in general are a good idea. Using these you will have a cold surface and cats do not really appreciate that. For my two cats I have chosen laminate floors, they provide a warm feeling and are also scratch and moisture resistant. I have bought mine from here  

www.pagerank10.co.uk/household/flo... , as the floors they have come in hygienic and anti-static treated surface, resulting in an easy to clean and safe for children and pets floor.
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: October 10, 2008 7:05 PM

I have found that dogs have an affinity for cold surfaces such as tile, especially in the summer. They enjoy laying on it. Also, laminate can swell if dog urine were to seep into the cracks. Tile is more durable. Just make sure the grout joints are sealed.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
Our members have made a total of 10798 posts
We have 5832 registered members
The newest member is ruhisingh
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>