flooring forums

Forums Home > Pet Friendly Flooring > protect hardwood from dogs
protect hardwood from dogs
Replies for protect hardwood from dogs
islandgirl
Author Image

I recently brought home two German Shepherd puppies and while they are wonderful and crazy, they are just scratching up my hardwood floor. I would love to keep the floor in good condition, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a product that can use on my floors help to protect it against my two giant furry boys. Thamks
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
-Louisa May Alcott
JimLaeger
Author Image

RE: protect hardwood from dogs
islandgirl, congratulations for your two new puppies. I would highly reccomend that you pay close attention to those toe nails.
There are products that you can get at a pet store to put on their feet but being puppies they will probably just eat them. Depending on your floors finish you can probably get a coating to renew your shine. Good luck!
islandgirl
Author Image

RE: protect hardwood from dogs
Thanks for the ideas. I went to my local pet store and they recommend a product that I'm putting on the nails that keeps them from scratching the floors. It is some sort of rubber cap. So far the dogs are not chewing them. I hope it lasts.
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
-Louisa May Alcott
Our members have made a total of 10027 posts
We have 5590 registered members
The newest member is callgirlindubai
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>