flooring forums

Forums Home > Repair > Bamboo > potted plant leaked water on bamboo floor
potted plant leaked water on bamboo floor
Replies for potted plant leaked water on bamboo floor
pacowigglemommy
Author Image

- I had a small potted plant sitting on my bamboo floor and it must've been leaking over time because there is not a circular spot on the floor. It covers three boards. Can this be repaired with a light buff and refinish or should I replace the boards?
hardwoodpro
Author Image

RE: potted plant leaked water on bamboo floor
This really depends on how deep the damage goes.  I would first try sanding the area to see how far you have to go to get bamboo that is not water stained.  You will then need to replace the finish layer.  If the bamboo is stained it will be much harder to get the stain to match, but is the fnish is a clear urethane, or something similar, this should be pretty easy.  Probably won't look perfect, but close enough.  If all else fails, replace the boards.
pacowigglemommy
Author Image

Sounds like the only way to get it to look perfect is to replace the boards.  Do you know where I can find instructions on doing that?
hardwoodpro
Author Image

If the damaged plank is close to the edge of the room you can simply disassemble the floor to the damaged plank and replace it and reinstall the other planks. It is a more difficult situation if the plank is in the middle of the room or a hard to reach area. If this is the case, you should contact the manufacturer for more specific instructions based on your individual situation. It is often recommended that you leave these cases to a professional installer as special tools may be needed.
pacowigglemommy
Author Image

Thanks for your help.  The plank are near the middle of the room so I think I'm going to hire a pro.  I found one on this site that quotes me a fair price, so I'm going to save myself the hassle. 
hardwoodpro
Author Image

You're welcome. 
Our members have made a total of 5320 posts
We have 3979 registered members
The newest member is leutromm
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>