flooring forums

Forums Home > Repair > Laminate > Need to replace a piece of laminate
Need to replace a piece of laminate
Replies for Need to replace a piece of laminate
janescasey
Author Image

Is it possible to cut out a piece of flooring to replace it? It is near the middle of the floor and I would have to dissemble half the floor to get to it. Is there a special saw to do this and any tools that will help get the new plank into place?
JimLaeger
Author Image

RE: Need to replace a piece of laminate
It is possible but I would highly reccomend that you consider hiring a professional to accomplish this. The best method would be to remove the flooring, install the new board and then re-install.
janescasey
Author Image

Not what I wanted to hear, but I appreciate the truth. I'll hire a pro. Any idea what I should pay for the job?
ScottSummers
Author Image

I agree with Jim 100%. Replacing planks can be tricky, especially if it's a glued together floor. The cost will likely vary some by region. For most repair jobs, if it takes two hours or less an installer is likely to charge a "minimum." In Alaska, minimums range from $100-$200.00. If you go through a retailer you are going to pay whatever the installer's minimum charge is plus the retailer's mark-up.

If the floor is a snap-together floor, you could replace the plank easily yourself. All of the cuts have already been made and you'll be surprised how fast you can get the floor pulled apart and put back together. Be careful not to damage the edges of the good boards while removing them.
Our members have made a total of 10035 posts
We have 5594 registered members
The newest member is pkarnwal
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>