flooring forums

Forums Home > Repair > Laminate > scratch repair kits
scratch repair kits
Replies for scratch repair kits
JoelG
Author Image

Do the scratch repair kits that they sell for laminate really work?
JimLaeger
Author Image

RE: scratch repair kits
The repair kits that are available to repair laminate flooring are designed for minor damages. They will almost always be visible to the person that made the repair. Laminate floor patterns are actually a photo of wood, stone or tile that has a wear layer over it. Major gouges or scratches will probably require that the damaged board will need to be replaced.
JoelG
Author Image

The scratches are pretty light, so it sounds like the repair kit might be what I need. I appreciate the info.
ScottSummers
Author Image

The repair kits can work very well with a little experimentation. With many of them you can actually mix different colors to recreate the grain of the wood. (This is not as easy as it sounds, but it can be done.)

For light surface scratches I recommend using a stain pen. There are many different brands available. Simply apply the stain with the pen and immediately wipe-off with your finger. You won't find this in the manufacturer's recommendations, but it does work well. Try it in an inconspicuous area first to make sure you like the result. Keep in mind this is only for surface scratches. Any scratches that actually damage the wear layer will need to be repaired using the repair kit.
Our members have made a total of 10020 posts
We have 5585 registered members
The newest member is winserps
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>