flooring forums

Forums Home > Repair > Linoleum > need to replace a piece of glue down sheet lino
need to replace a piece of glue down sheet lino
Replies for need to replace a piece of glue down sheet lino
sparky12
Author Image
Posted: October 13, 2008 6:27 PM

I have sheet linoleum and my dog has dug at an area by the door.  I need to replace it.  First, I'm wondering if I can use some linoleum from under my island to replace it with.  Is there any way to safely remove and reuse glue down linoleum?   If not, I plan to buy some matching linoleum.  What is the best way to go this repair?

Thank you!
LiNoArTiSt
Author Image

RE: need to replace a piece of glue down sheet lino
When you remove glue down linoleum, the backing usually seperates and sticks to the subfloor.  Therefore, it is not easy to reuse glue down linoleum.  I recommend buying some matching linoleum.  To remove the old linoleum, pull off the linoleum which usually leave the baking stuck to the glue on the subfloor.  Apply some Krud Kutter to the area, let sit 1 minute (be careful to keep it from getting under the linoleum that you plan to keep).  After a minute, use a scraper to remove the backing and adhesive.  Then install new linoleum.
~LiNoArTiSt~
How linoleum is made www.findanyfloor.com/linoleum/Lino...
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
BillGordon
Author Image
Posted: January 29, 2009 3:02 PM

RE: need to replace a piece of glue down sheet lino
I wish I could see the floor. Am one of the most experianced intallers in my area and have done things in the past to help people with their situations.

Bill Gordon

714 840-6771
Our members have made a total of 10011 posts
We have 5581 registered members
The newest member is stuartbloom
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>