flooring forums

Forums Home > Repair > Vinyl > image layer peeling
image layer peeling
Replies for image layer peeling
Henry
Author Image

The image layer of one of my vinyl tiles is peeling off. Is there any way to glue it back down?
DelWallace
Author Image

RE: image layer peeling
I don't believe that any adhesive will do a good job keeping the wear layer attached to the backing. It is not difficult to replace an individual tile if you have one.
Henry
Author Image

It's in an area that is NEVER walked on so I'm going to try to glue it anyways. I know it's probably just a temporary fix, but what glue would be best.
ScottSummers
Author Image

Under the image layer. do you see a gray felt material or is it a white vinyl material? If it's gray felt, I would just try a premium felt-backed vinyl adhesive. If it's vinyl peeling away from vinyl, I would use a premium vinyl-backed vinyl adhesive. In either case, I would let the glue dry until tacky before re-installing your image layer. Use the smallest notched trowel you can find; probably a 1/32x 1/32x 1/32. If the image layer peeling off is partially transparent, I would abandon the repair option and stick with Del's advice.
bigboytoun
Author Image
Posted: August 8, 2017 8:45 AM

MaxineMiddleton
Author Image
Posted: October 27, 2017 5:31 AM

Yes, the vinly adhesive may work for your tile as it is very difficult to replace one tile you can try the adhesive if it desn't work do consult a professional for advice.
Our members have made a total of 16332 posts
We have 8669 registered members
The newest member is Spedding
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>