flooring forums

Forums Home > Repair > Vinyl > problem with cat pee
problem with cat pee
Replies for problem with cat pee
MoiraMcG
Author Image

I have a big problem. My vinyl floor had a little hole in one of the tiles where a nail was protruding from the subfloor. My cat peed in the area and it seeped through to the subfloor and stinks no matter what I do. Should I remove the floor, if so how and how do I eliminate the smell please help!
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: September 12, 2008 8:22 PM

RE: problem with cat pee
I would try a product called Urine Off and inject it in the little hole before doing anything extreme like removing the entire vinyl floor.
www.urineoff.com
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
julesM33
Author Image

If it is vinyl tile, try this - Heat floor with blow dryer, carefully remove tiles, wipe up any liquid thoroughly, apply a mixture of baking soda, liquid dish soap and hydrogen peroxide to affected area and let sit until dry. Dry scrub residue with a brush and vacuum up any dust. (or possibly try urine off that Michael recommended). Once done, make sure the subfloor is smooth, clean and dry and replace with new tiles.
ScottSummers
Author Image

If the vinyl is sheet goods and not tiles, you could still try jules' advice. Sheet vinyl can be patched fairly easily and for far less money than replacing the whole floor.
Our members have made a total of 10811 posts
We have 5834 registered members
The newest member is surbhish
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>