flooring forums

Forums Home > Room By Room > Bathroom > ideas for a small bathroom
ideas for a small bathroom
Replies for ideas for a small bathroom
AdamsZ25
Author Image

Hey,

I'm redoing a small half bath in my house.  I like very mild earth toned colors.  Can anyone give me some design inspiration for paint and floors.  Thanks!
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: December 15, 2008 10:56 AM

RE: ideas for a small bathroom
Consider natural stone flooring such as limestone, travertine, or honed marble.  You could also use the same stone to tile part of your walls (wainscot) finished at the top with either a wood or stone chair rail. Then you could find a natural paint color that coordinated with the stone. I would avoid using polished stone on the floor as it can be very slippery in wet areas. Instead go with a honed (matte) finish.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
AdamsZ25
Author Image

Thanks Michael. I'm going to look into that. What about granite? Would it be as good as the others that you mentioned?
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: December 15, 2008 12:56 PM

Granite would be an excellent choice and is available in a honed finish. If you do go with polished make sure you use an area rug to minimize the chance of slipping.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

AdamsZ25
Author Image

Thanks Michael.  I'm really leaning toward granite.  I will be sure to go with a honed finish as you said.  I really appreciate all the help you guys offer!  I'm constantly taking on DIY projects like this for myself, friends, and family, and you guys are always quick to respond.  Thanks again!
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: December 28, 2008 1:26 AM

My pleasure.  Please tell your family and friends about our site where expert flooring advice is always free!

Our members have made a total of 10034 posts
We have 5593 registered members
The newest member is MaritzaRosendahl
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>