flooring forums

Forums Home > Room By Room > Other Rooms > Reflooring my office ;)
Reflooring my office ;)
Replies for Reflooring my office ;)
mskennedy
Author Image

I am thinking of re-flooring my office. What types of floors are appropriate for an office setting and give a very high class look but are moderately priced?
MichaelPrachniak
Author Image
Posted: August 15, 2008 2:42 PM

RE: Reflooring my office ;)
Hello. As a tile professional I am of course biased toward tile or stone flooring. I have ripped out many commercial carpets that were torn, stained, and faded from excessive wear and replaced them with tile. Tile and stone are very durable and easy to clean and maintain. If you want maximum durability at a reasonable price, go with porcelain tile.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - Tile Productions

Check out FAF''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
DelWallace
Author Image

You may want to look at hardwood flooring that will give you the rich warm look that is appropriate for a commercial setting. Flooring is also available in laminate and commercially rated vinyl that have a wide range of styles and looks. Many offices are using high quality carpeting that will look luxurious but not break the budget.
mskennedy
Author Image

Thanks for all your opinions. I think we are leaning toward the warm look of hardwood floors, we just have to decide what species we want to go with.
JimLaeger
Author Image

mskennedy, To further enhance the look if you decide on hardwood I would suggest a wide base trim with 1/4 round. This will give you a quality look.
mskennedy
Author Image

Thanks Jim.  I will do that!
Our members have made a total of 10032 posts
We have 5592 registered members
The newest member is mike10helson
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>