flooring forums

Forums Home > Site Help - Where do I find..... > dull laminate wood floor
dull laminate wood floor
Replies for dull laminate wood floor
Author Image
Benton, AR
Posted: January 28, 2009 2:06 PM

My laminate wood floor has never been without footprints.  It always looks dirty even after wet moping.  I think I've used a mop and glow for wood floors on it before.  I don't know how to take care of this kind of floor and I really hate it.  Please help.  What should I use to correct what I've done and start over?  Can my floor be shiny?

Author Image
Posted: January 28, 2009 3:44 PM

RE: dull laminate wood floor
Most likely, the mop and glow has left a residue on the floor that is not being removed when you clean your laminate.  First thing you need to do is get that off.  There are several different things that you can use to remove this.  You can used 1/4 cup LYSOL All
Purpose Cleaner (the one without Bleach) mixed with a cup of household ammonia and half of a gallon of
warm water. I have also heard of people using windex or a solution of vinegar diluted heavily in warm water. Holloway wax remover is another product that I have had success with (though I don't recommend some of their other products which leave a residue hence the need for the wax remover). Mop with the solution, but we sure not to leave the water on the floor long as the lamiante may absorb it and swell. Damp mop the floor with water only to remove all the cleaning product then dry thoroughly with towels. Once you remove the reside, I recommend Bona Hard Surface Refresher to restore shine.....all that said, if you know who manufactured your floors, it's always best to check with them first to see what they say works best on their product. Stay away from products like Mop and Glow or Orange Glo in the future to avoid this problem. If that doesn't work let me know and we will go from there.
Author Image
Posted: March 24, 2009 1:01 PM

RE: dull laminate wood floor
I have this same problem.  I'm curious if you tried any of these methods and if any of them worked for you.  Please advise!  Thanks!
Our members have made a total of 10280 posts
We have 5690 registered members
The newest member is Jonny111
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies