Wood Floors - Did you know?
*Forest Stewardship Certified
Scale shows a wood's hardness.
- Ipe is the hardest wood floor.
- Douglas Fir is the softest wood floor.
- Teak withstands sun, rain & snow.
- What is FSC* certified.
You’ve come to the right place to find Hardwood Flooring
Information,whether you are deciding on what wood floor to buy, looking for installation instructions, or
searching for the best floor care and maintenance methods; FindAnyFloor.com is here to help you. In this hardwood flooring
section you will find help on all these subjects along with in-depth information about the different types of hardwoods, how
wood floors are manufactured, and even an FAQ and glossary section.
Use the tabs at the top of this page to find hardwood flooring information on topics such as; are wood floors right
for me (hardwood vs other floor types), and
should I choose a professional hardwood floor
installation or diy (do-it-yourself project). Need wood flooring help? Send us your questions and
our group of flooring professionals will be happy to assist you.
Popular Wood Flooring Products
What are Hardwood Floors?
As the name suggests, a hardwood floor is just that: a floor made from wood. Some of the most popular wood floors are ;
(Jatoba),Red Oak, Walnut, Pine, Birch and
Maple. Hardwood floors are manufactured in one of two ways: solid wood flooring or engineered wood flooring. Don't confuse engineered wood floors
with the term laminate. Laminate flooring is a very different product that contains little to no wood. You can find out
laminate flooring information in our laminate floor section.
Wood floors are typically placed in two categories; domestic wood (originating in North America) or
exotic wood (grown outside of North America). Wood
can also vary by species, texture, color, and grades (quality). It's understandable that the number of wood floor
choices available could make your head spin. That’s why at
FindAnyFloor.com we have assembled thousands of pages of easy to find and read flooring information to help you make the best
decision. Use the colored tabs across the top of this page and the left hand navigation menu under Hardwood Flooring to find
the answers you are looking for.
Hardwood Flooring Resources
Looking for more information on wood floors? Search the thousands of flooring blogs and articles that have been posted,
or visit our wood floor forums where your question may have already been asked and answered.
The following hardwood flooring articles and blogs will give you an idea of what's hot
and happening with wood floors:
Hardwood Flooring Information | Help
- Types – Learn about the various wood floor types.
- Species – Discover the characteristics of domestic and exotic hardwoods, from Brazilian Cherry
- Care – Learn how to clean and properly care for your wood floors.
- Buying Guide – Our hardwood floor buyers guide will help you know before you go.
- Flooring Estimator Tools – This floor estimator can help you determine how much wood flooring you'll need.
- Installation Guide – FREE guide to installing hardwood floors as a do-it-yourself (diy) project? We'll show you how.
- FAQs – Find answers to some of the most frequently asked
hardwood floor questions.
- Glossary – These wood floor terms will help you navigate the buying, installing and cleaning process.